Monthly Current Affairs – स्वागत है आपका Anicow.com पर| आज कल की competitive exam और सरकारी नौकरी परीक्षाओं में current affairs एक काफी महत्वपूर्ण syllabus Topic बन चूका है चाहे वो किसी केंद्र स्तरीय परीक्षा हो या राज्य स्तरीय| हर परीक्षा में लगभग 10 से 12 प्रश्न current affairs (Latest GK) से पूछे जाते है| इसी को ध्यान में रखते हुए हमने यहाँ साल 2020 और 2021 के सारे महत्वपूर्ण current affairs को आपके सामने रखा है|
इन current affairs में हमने हर तरह के विषय पर चर्चा की है जैसे national current affairs, awards winners, new appointments, arts and culture, sports tournaments and winners, books authors, science and technology, political news, banking news, international affairs, इत्यादि| यहाँ दिए गए monthly current affairs सामने आने वाले हर तरह के competitive exam सरकारी नौकरी परीक्षा के लिए महत्वपूर्ण रहेंगे|
यहाँ हमने current affairs को कुछ ऐसे तैयार किया है की जो आपको आसानी से समझ में आ सके और याद हो जाए| आप इन्हे एक copy बनाकर NOTES भी बना सकते है| These current affairs are Helpful for all Central and State level Govt. jobs exam and competitive exams!
Monthly Current affairs – Year 2020 and 2021
# Recently the government of India sanctioned Rupees 37.8 crores for the development of Parashuram Kund Pilgrimage site which is located in?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh (Lohit district)
# Recently the new elected US President Joe Biden proposed 2 Indian-American names in US National Security Council. They are?
Ans. 1. Sumona Guha as Senior Director for South Asia
2. Tarun Chhabra as Senior Director for Technology and National Security
# Recently ‘India and France Strategic Dialogue 2021’ held in which Indian city?
Ans. New Delhi
* From India side the delegation was led by Ajit Doval (National Security Advisor, India)
* From France side the delegation was led by Emmanuel Bonne (French Diplomatic advisor)
# Which country recently commits to support with Rupees 2113 crores (30 billion Japanese Yen) for Covid relief efforts in India?
# A new book was released on the 16th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas this year. The name of the book is?
Ans. Modi India Calling – 2021
* The book is released by Adesh Gupta (Delhi BJP President)
* It has a collection of photographs of PM Narendra Modi on his 107 different overseas and bilateral visits
# Who is the author of the newly launched book ‘Making of a General – A Himalayan Echo’?
Ans. Lt. Gen. Konsam Himalay Singh
* The book is released by Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla
# The adverse findings (background investigation) of ‘National Family Health Survey-5’ will be done by which Panel?
Ans. Preeti Pant panel
* The ministry of Health and Family welfare has recently set up this panel
* Preeti Pant will lead the panel and technical expert group
Monthly Current Affairs and GK – National and International events
# Recently which country’s Plane crashed into water?
* Boeing 737-500 Indonesia Sriwijaya Air
# To provide comprehensive insurance covers in Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh customers which insurance company joined hands with J&K and Ladakh Finance Corporation?
Ans. Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd.
# Recently a twitter campaign named @Potus was in news. The campaign was later deleted by Twitter. Whose campaign was this?
Ans. Former U.S. President Donald Trump
# After Apollo Hospitals which healthcare hospital will become India’s 2nd largest healthcare chain?
Ans. Manipal Health Enterprises Pvt. Ltd. (MHEPL)
* MHEPL will acquire 100% shareholding of Columbia Asia Hospitals Pvt. Ltd.
* After this acquisition MHEPL will become 2nd largest healthcare chain in the country
* Approval given by CCI (Competition Commission of India)
# ‘Sagar Anveshika’ a Coastal Research Vehicle (CRV) inaugurated at Chennai port
* Inauguration done by – Harsh Vardhan (Union minister for Earth Sciences)
* This vehicle will be used for research purpose of Ocean technology
# Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2021 was celebrated on?
Ans. 9th Part
* This year theme – Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat
Latest Current affairs for the year 2020 and 2021
# Which state government launched COSFOM website http://cosfom.mn.gov.in/ for Community Forest Management?
* Launched by Awangbow Newbai (Manipur Forest minister)
# 10th Part celebrated as ‘World Hindi Day’
# 7th Trade Policy Review (TPR) concluded in WTO (World Trade Organization)
* WTO headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
# Which bollywood star virtually attended the inauguration ceremony of 26th Kolkata International Film Festival which took place in Kolkata, West Bengal?
Ans. Shahrukh Khan
* Shahrukh Khan is the brand ambassador of West Bengal
* The inauguration was done by West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
# Which film is the ‘inaugural film’ in the 26th Kolkata International Film Festival?
Ans. Apur Sansar (This movie is the Legendary film maker Satyajit Ray’s movie)
# American journalist and Pulitzer prize winner ‘Neil Sheehan’ passed away
# Former Gujarat CM and former Union minister ‘Madhavsinh Solanki’ passed away
# India will be the head of 3 important committees in the UN (United Nations) Security Council
* The 3 committees are – Taliban Sanctions Committee, Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC) and the Libyan Sanctions Committee
# Who is the representative of India to the UN (United Nations)?
Ans. T.S. Tirumurti
# Who has been again re-Elected as President of Central African Republic?
Ans. Faustin Archange Touadera
# Recently the International Akhand Conference ‘EDUCON-2020’ organized by?
Ans. Central university of Punjab and Global Educational Research Association (GERA)
* EDUCON 2020 was organized through video conferencing
* Inauguration done by – Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
* Theme – Envisioning Education for Transforming Youth to Restore Global Peace
# Which bank will provide ‘Shaurya Visa Platinum Debit Card’ and ‘Bank Shaurya Salary Account’ to Indian Army?
Ans. Bandhan Bank
* Bandhan Bank will provide banking services to Indian Army personnel
# Central Government has recently approved a new Highway Project of worth Rupees 5801 crores between which 2 cities?
Ans. Between Surat (Gujarat) and Bengaluru (Karnataka)
* The new highway will be of 1035 km (approx.)
# Government is planning to merge J&K Cadre of All India services officers with AGMUT (Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram Union Territory) Cadre
- This merge will be under the J&K Reorganisation Amendment Ordinance 2021
# Which eCommerce site recently signed a memorandum with LSC (Logistics Skill Sector Council) to set up Centre of Excellence in Logistics Skills?
* It will be set up in Bengaluru, Karnataka
# Who is the new deputy general secretary of All India Football Federation (AIFF)?
Ans. Abhishek Yadav (former India striker)
# Recently which country test Fired a new Rocket System named ‘Fatah 1’?
* Its a multi launch Rocket system with a range of 140 km
# According to Bloomberg Billionaires index report recently who takes over Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to become the richest person in the world?
Ans. Tesla CEO Elon Musk
# ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Divas’ (NRI Day) celebrated on 9th Part
* This year theme – Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat
# Recently who launched the mobile application ‘Satark Nagrik’?
Ans. J&K Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha
* With the help of this app a citizen can file complaints related to corruption
# Recently which bank collaborated with IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited) to launch “Indian Oil – SBI co-branded RuPay Debit Card”?
Ans. SBI (State Bank of India)
# Sahitya Akademi awardee and Tamil writer A.Madhavan passed away
# To improve English language proficiency of school teachers and students which state government signed a deal with University of Cambridge?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
# Marathi Journalist Day observed on 6th Part in Maharashtra
# Justice R.S. Chauhan became the new chief justice of Uttarakhand high court
# Sudhanshu Dhulia became the new chief justice of Guwahati high court
# Which state launched ‘Dheeiyan Di Lohri’ welfare project for girl child?
* Launched by Punjab CM Amarinder Singh
# NCD PHC Mobile app launched by a collaborate team of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dell Technologies and Tata Trusts
* Objective – Management of non-communicable diseases at government primary health centres around the country
# Recently which Government body allocated an amount of Rupees 201.58 crores for installation of PSA (Pressure Swing Adsorption) Oxygen plants in different states of India?
Ans. PM CARES Fund Trust
# Recently Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) and NHPC Ltd. (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation) signed a deal to provide technical expertise in the field of developing new renewable energy projects
# Punjab National Bank and IIT Kanpur collaborated to set up ‘Fintech Innovation Centre’ at IIT Kanpur
* FinTech = Financial Technology
# Which Indian Bank signed a deal with NABfoundation to provide financial help to Self Help Groups to execute the ‘My Pad My Right’ project?
Ans. Central Bank of India
* ‘My Pad My Right’ is a NABARD sponsored project related to womens menstrual hygiene
Yearly Current Affairs 2020 and 2021
# Dr. Harsh Vardhan (Union minister of health and family welfare) released India’s 1st Database of older ageing population
* This report is known as LASI (Longitudinal Ageing Study in India) Wave-1 report
* LASI is a government initiative for better welfare of elderly people
# Which state government launched Krishi Sanjeevani Vans?
* Objective – To test soil, water and pests
# Recently CCEA (Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs) approved a new scheme under CSS (Central Sector Scheme) in which state/UT?
* Name of the scheme – New Industrial Development Scheme for J&K 2021
# PM Narendra Modi inaugurates world’s 1st Double Stack Long Haul 1.5 km Container Train
# IDSR (Institute of Defence Studies and Research) and IAF (Indian Air Force) signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) which will enable IAF officers to pursue higher studies
* IDSR is situated at Ahmedabad, Gujarat
# Who is the new Chief Justice of Guwahati High Court?
Ans. Sudhanshu Dhulia
# Which Indian bank will set up a ‘College of Supervisors’ (CoS) which will act as an academic advisory council?
* The College of Supervisors will be headed by RBI former deputy governor N.S. Viswanathan
# Recently which banking firm started a new investors awareness campaign named #PaisonKoRokoMat?
Ans. IDFC Mutual funds
* Objective – To aware smart and modern mutual funds investment options
* IDFC headquarters – Mumbai
# Name the Indian-American who became U.S. Army’s 1st CIO (Chief Information Officer)
Ans. Raj Iyer
# Who is the new Chief Justice of Telangana High Court?
Ans. Hima Kohli
* She is the 1st woman CJ of Telangana high court
# Who is the new Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court?
Ans. J.K. Maheshwari
# Which Indian bank collaborated with IIT Kanpur to set up a ‘Fintech Innovation Centre’?
Ans. PNB (Punjab National Bank)
* Objective – To help in building new innovations
# Recently PhonePe associate with which private bank to provide Term Life Insurance Plans?
Ans. ICICI Prudential Life insurance
* PhonePe head office – Bengaluru, Karnataka
* ICICI head office – Mumbai
# Recently New Development Bank (NDB) signed a loan agreement of $646 Million USD with which state government to upgrade the Road and Highway Network in the state?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
# The central government has recently formed a committee to protect the unique language, cultural identity and land of Ladakh. Who is the head of this committee?
Ans. G Kishan Reddy
# World’s largest 600 MegaWatt Floating Solar Energy project will be set up in which state?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh (Khandwa district)
* The construction will be completed by the year 2022-23
* The solar energy project will be on Omkareshwar dam on Narmada river
# Recently India has provided a fund of 30.66 crore NPR to which country for reconstruction of Earthquake affected schools?
* NPR = Nepalese Rupees
# Who is the new President of ‘All India Chess Federation’?
Ans. Sanjay Kapoor
* He is the youngest president of the federation
# New Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court?
Ans. A.K. Goswami
# Who is the author of the recently launched book ‘Right Under Your Nose’?
Ans. R. Giridharan
* He is working as a manager in RBI
# Who is the new RBI’S CoS (College of Supervisors) full time director?
Ans. Rabi Narayan Mishra
* RBI CoS – Its an advisory council of supervisors who will supervise, execute and regulate bank policies
# IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) has made it mandatory for General Insurance Companies to cover 3 standard Insurance products in their policies to cover the risk of Fire and allied Perils
# Bank of Baroda recently signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) to provide ‘One Time Restructuring’ loans for MSME (Micro, small and Medium enterprises) customers
# Recently which Indian organization will start operating India’s 1st Government sponsored infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT)?
Ans. NHAI (National Highways Authority of India)
* With this scheme investors can start investing in infrastructure projects of the country and earn a return income
# Recently which Indian organization signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation for implementation of Biodigester Mk-II Technology?
Ans. DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation)
* Biodigester Mk-II Technology is the use of human waste to convert it in usable gas and water for irrigation
# Recently which world organization signed a loan agreement of $646 million with India to develop road projects in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans. New Development Bank (NBD)
* NBD headquarters – Shanghai, China
# Recently elected president of U.S. Joe Biden nominates whom to be the next U.S. Attorney General?
Ans. Judge Merrick Garland
* He serves as the judge of U.S. Court of Appeals in Columbia
# Who is the new British High commissioner to India?
Ans. Alex Ellis
# Who is the new head of Google Cloud in Asia Pacific?
Ans. Karan Bajwa
# Who is the new Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh high court?
Ans. Arup Kumar Goswami
# Recently India signed a MoC (Memorandum of Cooperation) with which country to provide ‘Specified Skilled Worker’?
# Reserve Bank of India has introduced LEI (Legal Entity Identifier) for NEFT and RTGS transactions of Rupees 50 Crore and more
* LEI is a 20 digit number used to identify customers
* NEFT = National Electronic Funds Transfer
* RTGS = Real Time Gross Settlement
# Indian Army will get high mobility vehicles which will help in logistics management. Which company is manufacturing the equipment?
Ans. BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Limited)
* BEML headquarters – Bengaluru
* These high mobility vehicles will help in logistics management of the Indian Army
# Which state government launched Kisan Kalyan Mission for farmers welfare and to double their income?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
# After 1901, the year 2020 was the 8th Warmest year in India
* Report released by – India Meteorological department
# Central African Republic Presidential election result – Faustin Archange Touadera re-elected as President for the 2nd term
# Who is appointed as AIFF (All India Football Federation) 1st Deputy General Secretary?
Ans. Abhishek Yadav
* He is a former Indian footballer
# Freight Business Development Portal launched by Railways Minister Piyush Goyal
* Objective of the portal – To provide status of customers freight and their requirement
# 6th January observed as World Day of War Orphans
# TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India) signed MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Akhil Bhrtiya Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram to set up TRIFOOD parks in Madhya Pradesh
# Recently TATA Power join hands with which bank to provide finance schemes to MSME (Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) customers?
Ans. SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India)
# India’s 1st CEPI (Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations) Laboratory inaugurated in THSTI (Translational Health Science And Technology Institute) Faridabad
* Inaugurated by Union minister of Health and Family welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan
# Which bank became the fist Urban co-operative bank (UCB) in India to receive license from RBI to operate as a SFB (Small Finance Bank)?
Ans. SMCB (Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank) Uttar Pradesh
# Recently where did the Khelo India Ice Hockey Tournament was organized?
Ans. Chiktan, Kargil (Ladakh)
# Which Indian bank recently signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Indian Army to provide salary account for Indian Army Personnel?
Ans. Bandhan Bank Ltd.
* The bank will provide Bandhan Bank Shaurya Salary Account
* Bandhan Bank headquarters – Kolkata
# Who is the author of the new book launched ‘India’s 71-year Test’?
Ans. R. Kaushik
# Who became the first female Umpire in Men’s Cricket Test match?
Ans. Claire Polosak
# MRSAM Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile successfully test fired
* This missile is jointly developed by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) and DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation)
# Alan Burgess (oldest living 1st class cricketer) passed away at the age of 100
# Which Meteorological Centre in India got the status of ‘Centennial observing Station’ by WMO (World Meteorological Organization)?
Ans. Patna Meteorological Observatory
* WMO headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
# The central government set up a high level group for South Asia Group for Energy (SAGE)
* This group will be headed by former Union power seceratary Ram Vinay Shahi
# Under the ‘National Urban Livelihood Mission Scheme’ India’s 1st ‘Migrant Worker Cell’ launched in Surat, Gujarat
* Launched by union minister Dharmendra Pradhan
# Government of India set up a high level group for the development of South Asia Energy Security. Who is the head of the group?
Ans. Ram Vinay Shahi
* The name of the group is SAGE (South Asia Group for Energy)
# ‘mPension app’ launched in Manipur to help pensioners to update their profile by themselves
* Launched by Manipur CM N Biren Singh
# India’s 1st Testing hub for Autonomous Navigation & Data Acquisition Systems ‘TiHAN Foundation’ opened in IIT Hyderabad
* Union education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank laid the foundation
# Former PM of Mali (country in West Africa) Modibo Keita passed away
# JK IT (an infrastructure development company) and NBCC (National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd.) signed an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) to open IT Towers in J&K
# Recently India launched its 40th Expedition drive from Mormugao Port, Goa to which part of the world?
* Its 40th Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica (ISEA)
# Which Transport Corporation in the country will use Ballastless Tracks to support high speed trains running up to a speed of 180 kmph?
Ans. NCRTC (National Capital Region Transport Corporation)
* These tracks are suitable for high speed trains and require low maintenance
# ‘Toycathon 2021’ launched by Government of India to make India as a Global Toy Manufacturing Hub
* Launched by Union education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
* A portal related to this initiative also launched – ‘Toycathon Portal’
# Which state government recently launched ‘Launch Pad Scheme’ to make youth self-reliant?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh
* Launched by the Madhya Pradesh Women and Child Development Department of the state
# TATA Power collaborated with SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India)
* Objective – To provide affordable financing scheme for MSME (Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) customers
# On 6th January, Maharashtra observed ‘Journalist Day’
* This day is also observed as birth anniversary of ‘Balshastri Jambhekar’ also known as Father of Marathi Journalism
# To improve the inland water transport infrastructure in Kolkata (West Bengal), The World Bank has approved $105 million Loan
# PM Narendra Modi recently inaugurates the ‘Kochi-Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline’
* Pipeline constructed by GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.)
* GAIL headquarters – New Delhi
# Who is the new Deputy Chief of Army Staff (DCOAS)?
Ans. Lt Gen Shantanu Dayal
# Which country is planning to launch world’s 1st Wood based Space Satellite?
* It will be launch by the year 2023
Current affairs for govt. jobs exam – Year 2020 and 2021
# BAJAJ Allianz General Insurance partners with J&K Government to provide health insurance under Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana SEHAT scheme
# Which Indian surgeon has been honoured with ‘OBE Officer of the most Excellent Order of the British Empire’?
Ans. Dr. Raghu Ram Pillarisetti
* He is a consultant breast surgeon
* He is in the ‘Queen Elizabeth II’s 2021 New year’s honours list’
# Recently Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed an agreement contract with which Indian company to supply ‘Lynx U2’ Fire Control Systems to Indian Navy?
Ans. BEL (Bharat Electronics Ltd.)
* BEL headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
# Government is planning to provide Digital Port Ecosystem to India’s 5 major ports
* The ports are – Deendayal, Chennai, Paradip, Mumbai, Kolkata Haldia
* A centralised web based Port Community System (PCS) will be established
# Recently who released the AAAN (Action Agenda for Atma Nirbhar Bharat)?
Ans. Dr. Harsh Vardhan (Minister of Health and Family Welfare)
* It was prepared by Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
* TIFAC headquarters – New Delhi
# Recently which country passed the ‘Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act’?
Ans. U.S. Congress
* This act will increase the number of scholarships for Pakistani women in higher education
# Recently which international organization approved $100 million loan to upgrade the power distribution system in Bengaluru, India?
Ans. ADB (Asian Development Bank)
# ‘World’s Longest Railway Platform’ is set for inauguration in Hubballi railway station at Karnataka
* The inauguration will be by the month of March this year
# Recently Mathikettan Shola National Park’s 1 km boundary area is declared as Eco-Sensitive Zone by Central Government ministry of Forest and Climate change
* Objective – To save the natural habitat
* Mathikettan Shola National park is located in Idduki, Kerala
# Who inaugurated virtual ‘Agri India Hackathon 2020’?
Ans. Union agriculture & farmers welfare minister Narendra Singh Tomar
* Its a virtual Indian agriculture event
# Which bank recently launched Video KYC Facility for opening Savings Bank Accounts
Ans. IDBI bank (Industrial Development Bank of India)
* IDBI headquarters – Mumbai
# Vilas Patil Undalkar (former Maharashtra minister) passed away
* He was popularly known as ‘Kaka’
# Who will head the 51st International Film Festival of India which will take place in Goa, India this month?
Ans. Pablo Cesar (Argentina film maker)
# Recently which bank launched ‘Inflation Expectations Survey of Households’ (IESH) and ‘Consumer Confidence Survey’ (CCS)?
Ans. RBI (Reserve Bank of India)
* These surveys were launched to get inputs for monetary policy
# Ashish Pethe appointed as new Chairman of All India Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council (GJC)
# Saiyam Mehra appointed as new vice chairman of All India Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council (GJC)
# Michael Kindo (former hockey player and Olympic medalist) passed away
# UGC (University Grants Commission) set up a 7 members committee to review the decision of CET (Common Entrance Test) at under-graduate level
* The committee is headed by R.P. Tiwari
* Objective – To provide a single platform for entrance exam
# National Metrology Conclave 2021 observed on 4th Part
* PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the conclave through video conferencing
* Conclave organised by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL), New Delhi
* This year theme – Metrology for the Inclusive Growth of the Nation
# Indian Air Force e-Governance portal ‘e-Office’ launched by IAF chief Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria
* Developed by NIC (National Informatics Centre)
# Kerala will host the 4th Global Ayurveda Festival (GAF) 2021
# Which Indian multinational company became World’s most Valuable Two-wheeler company?
Ans. Bajaj Auto
* Bajaj Auto headquarters – Pune, Maharashtra
# Recently a 5 day ‘National Folk Dance Festival’ was organized in?
Ans. Jammu (J&K)
# Who has been elected as AICF (All India Chess Federation) President?
Ans. Sanjay Kapoor
* AICF headquarters – Chennai
# Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Common High Court for J&K and Ladakh UT?
Ans. Pankaj Mithal
# Which Indian application won the ‘Jury Choice Award’ in the 6th Digital India Awards 2020?
Ans. Aarogya Setu app
# The Digital India Awards 2020 is given virtually by whom?
Ans. India President Ram Nath Kovind
# Recently Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) gives final approval of 2 Covid19 vaccines. What are the names?
Ans. (1) Oxford-AstraZeneca ‘Covishield’ and (2) Bharat Biotech ‘Covaxin’
# Operation Meghdoot (1984) hero and Ace Mountaineer Colonel Narendra Bull Kumar passed away
# World Braille Day observed on 4th Part
* This day is marked as birth anniversary of Louis Braille (the inventor of Braille)
* Braille = a touch reading & writing system for blind persons
# Senior Rajasthan Congress Leader and Former Union Minister Buta Singh passed away
# Recently which state government set up a Tamil Academy?
Ans. Delhi government
# NADA (National Anti-Doping Agency) imposes 4 years ban on Boxer Nishu for doping case
# Recently SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) imposed penalty on which Indian company for violation of Share market norms?
Ans. Reliance India Ltd. & Mukesh Ambani
# Recently which Indian personnel got the Guard of Honour award by South Korea?
Ans. Army Chief General M.M. Naravane
# Which movie will be the opening movie at the 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI)?
Ans. Another Round
* The 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will open on 16th Part
# Which Indian armed force got a new ‘Human Rights Cell’?
Ans. Indian Army
* Gautam Chauhan is the 1st Additional DG of this Army Human Rights Cell
# Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court?
Ans. Raghavendra Singh Chauhan
# Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of Telangana High Court?
Ans. Hima Kohli
# Sambalpur, Odisha got a new permanent campus of IIM (Indian Institutes of Management)
* PM Narendra Modi virtually laid the foundation stone
# Which country will ban the marketing promotion of harmful junk foods from April 2022?
# Thoubal Multi Purpose Project inaugurated in Imphal, Manipur
# Pakistan government will buy the houses of bollywood actors Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar in Peshawar (Pakistan) and convert them into museums
* For this, Pakistan government approved the release of Rupees 2.35 crores
# Government of India is planning a new bill in which shopkeepers can’t sell cigarettes and tobacco products to those who are below 21 years
# Who has been awarded with ‘Knighthood’ honour by Queen Elizabeth?
Ans. Lewis Hamilton (He belongs to F1 racing)
* Knighthood is the highest civilian honour
# Recently who inaugurated the journal ‘National Police K-9’ at Delhi? This book is related to Dog squad and their role in police and army.
Ans. Amit Shah (Home minister of India)
# TRIFED signed MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with DAY-NRLM to boost livelihoods of Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) and Tribal populations in India
* TRIFED = Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India
* DAY-NRLM = Deen Dayal Antyodaya National Rural Livelihood Mission
# ‘RuPay PoS’ an innovative payment solution for Indian merchants launched by?
Ans. International card payment service RuPay in collaboration with RBL Bank
# Who has been awarded with ‘Tansen Samman 2020’?
Ans. Satish Vyas
* He is an Indian Santoor player
* Tansen Samman award is given by Madhya Pradesh government
# India will Co-Chair IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) and will assist other Asian countries to manage and conserve wildlife habitats
# eKhadiIndia.com portal launched to promote Khadi village industry products
* Launched by – KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission) government ministry
* KVIC headquarters – Mumbai
# Recently Indian Army signed agreement with which company to produce 12 patrol boats to boost surveillance in Pangong Lake, Ladakh?
Ans. Goa Shipyard Ltd.
# Recently which financial institution introduced the Digital Payments Index (DPI)?
Ans. RBI (Reserve Bank of India)
* DPI score 2018 – 100
* DPI score 2019 – 153.47
* DPI score 2020 – 207.84
# India will be UNSC (United Nations Security Council) President for the year 2021 and 2022
# Recently IFSCA (International Financial Services Centres Authority) became associate member of which international organization?
Ans. IOSCO (International Organization of Securities Commissions)
* IOSCO headquarters – Madrid, Spain
Latest Current Affairs for the year 2020 and 2021
# ‘Kalam 5’ rocket engine recently launched by which Indian company?
Ans. SkyRoot Aerospace, Telangana
* Kalam 5 = Solid fueled Rocket engine
# Bloomberg Billionaires Index 2021 ranking-
1st rank – Jeff Bezos (Amazon)
2nd rank – Elon R Musk (SpaceX CEO)
3rd rank – Bill Gates (Microsoft co-founder)
# Landing Craft Utility (LCU) ship ‘IN LCU L-58’ delivered to Indian Navy
* This ship was delivered to Indian Navy by GRSE (Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers) which is a Ship building and repairing company located in Kolkata, West Bengal
# What is the rank of Mukesh Ambani (MD & Chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd.) in Bloomberg Billionaires Index 2021?
# Hurun Global Rich List 2020-
* Jeff Bezos – 1st Rank
* Mukesh Ambani – 8th Rank
# Who secured the top rank in the Asia’s Richest Person List?
Ans. Zhong Shanshan (Chinese billionaire) – Founder of bottled water company ‘Nongfu Spring’
* 2nd Rank – Mukesh Ambani
* 3rd Rank – Jack Ma (Alibaba founder)
# Who became India’s 67th Chess Grandmaster?
Ans. Leon Mendonca
* He is 14 years old from Goa, India
* He also became 29th youngest Grand Master in the world
# Jharkhand government launched Kisan Fasal Rahat Yojana
# Which country has recently changed a word in its National Anthem?
* ‘for we are young and free’ changed to ‘for we are one and free’
# To improve Horticulture marketing in J&K, The Union Territory Administration of J&K signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with NAFED (National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India)
# ADB (Asian Development Bank) approved $10 million loan to Himachal Pradesh India for Horticulture projects
# Under the Prisoner Exchange Agreement India and Pakistan exchanged their prisoners list
# Recenlty ADB (Asian Development Bank) signed an agreement of $231 million loan to enhance power generation capacity in which Indian state?
# Recenlty ADB (Asian Development Bank) signed an agreement of $10 million loan to enhance horticulture in which Indian state?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh
# A new type of Ruthenium 106 Plaque eye cancer Therapy to treat Ocular Tumors in eyes has been developed by which Indian organization?
Ans. BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Center)
# Recently Gujarat Government launched Solar Power Policy 2021
# Who has been named as the Deputy Election Commissioner of India?
Ans. Umesh Sinha
# After Vinod Kumar Yadav who has become the new Chairman and CEO of Railway Board?
Ans. Suneet Sharma
# Recently Japanese Embassy sanctioned and confirmed India’s 1st Bullet Train Project to be done by the year 2023
* The 1st Bullet train will be run between Mumbai to Ahmedabad
# Who is the new Chairman of Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL)?
Ans. Soma Mondal
# The International Folklore Festival 2020 organized in which state university?
Ans. Chandigarh university
# Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Foundation day observed on 1st Part
* DRDO headquarters – New Delhi
# To create India’s first Social Impact Bond (SIB), Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Pune (PCMC) signed MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)
# Who became the new Mayor of Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala?
Ans. Arya Rajendran
* She has became the youngest Mayor of India
# Recently the ‘Maitre Setu’ will be opened connecting Indian state Tripura to which country?
# Recently the AFSPA (Armed Forces Special Powers Act) has been extended for next 6 months in which state?
# Recently which company signed contract with Indian Navy to supply Laser Dazzlers (non-lethal Weapons)?
Ans. BEL (Bharat Electronics Ltd.)
# Odia legendary music director Shantanu Mohapatra passed away
# GAVI (Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation) recently nominated Dr. Harshvardhan as a board of member
* Headquarters of GAVI – Geneva, Switzerland
* Dr. Harshvardhan is the Health minister of India
# Who is the author of the new book launched ‘Vahana Masterclass’?
Ans. Alfredo Covelli (Italian writer)
* The book is related to lord Ganesha
# IFSCA became an Associate member of IOSCO
* IFSCA = International Financial Services Centres Authority
* IOSCO = International Organization of Securities Commissions (Headquarters – Madrid, Spain)
# Indian Coast Guard (ICG) signed MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with 7 asian countries for cooperation in M-SAR (Maritime Search and Rescue) operations.
* 7 Countries are – Vietnam, Srilanka, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Japan
# Digital India Awards 2020 (DIA) conferred by whom?
Ans. President of India (Ram Nath Kovind)
# IFLI (IDBI Federal Life Insurance Company Ltd.) collaborated/merged with Ageas Insurance International NV
* This merge got a new brand name i.e. Ageas Federal Life Insurance Company Ltd.
# Whose service tenure extended for the next 1 year as Space Secretary and Space Commission Chairman?
Ans. ISRO Chairman K.Sivan
# Recently Government of India has decided to start the export of India made AKASH missile system to other countries
# John Fulton (F) Reid, the former New Zealand cricketer passed away on 28 December 2020
# PM Narendra Modi on 31st December 2020 inaugurated a new AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) at Rajkot, Gujarat
# Sabarimala Vijnaanakosham book launched by Kerala Governor Arif Mohammaed Khan
* The author of the book – K.S. Vijayanath
# Eminent Engineer Award 2020 given to – Vinod Kumar Yadav (Railway Board Chairman & CEO)
# KALAM-5 (a solid fueled Rocket) successfully test-fired by SkyRoot Aerospace
* SkyRoot Aerospace becomes the first Indian company to do this task
* It was test fired from a private test facility at Nagpur, Maharashtra
# Global Pravasi Rishta Portal & Mobile App launched by MEA (Ministry of External Affairs)
* This will help to connect with 3.12 crore Indian Diaspora
# Recently the maiden trial of SAHAYAK-NG was conducted between?
Ans. DRDO (Defence Research & Development Organization) and Indian Navy
* SAHAYAK-NG is an Air droppable container
# PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Light house Projects in 6 states > Tripura, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat
# Who won the Scientist of the Year Award 2020?
Ans. Hemant Kumar Pandey (for his excellent work in Herbal medicines)
* This award is given by DRDO
# Recently which company signed an agreement with Delhi Government to solarise schools in Delhi?
Ans. Solar energy firm Oakridge Energy
# DigiNest mobile App launched by Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh
* This will help people to access directory of state government from their mobile
# Which state launched the Crop Relief Scheme Kisan Fasal Rahat Yojana?
* This is a compensation scheme which will provide security cover to farmers
# Recently Raag Bhopali Exhibition started in Madhya Pradesh under the motto of Atmanirbhar Bharat
* Objective – To promote Zari-Zardozi crafts
# Tansen Music Festival was observed in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh from 26th to 30th December
# Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India 2019-2020 released by which bank?
Ans. RBI (Reserve Bank of India)
# New building of Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences opened in Shivajinagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka
# Who became the new Chief Secretary of Karnataka?
Ans. P. Ravi Kumar (IAS officer)